Village Of Lowville



Village Clerk's Office

5535 Bostwick St.
Lowville, NY 13367
Table Of Contents:
Statements are mailed to the property owner twice (2) times a year
MAY 1 (covering Nov. 1st through April 30th) - PAYMENT DUE  MAY 31st 
NOV. 1 (covering May 1st through Oct. 31st) - PAYMENT DUE NOV. 30th
A 6% penalty is added to payments received or postmarked after the Due Date.

Note:   In the event the "Due Date" falls on a weekend, payment is due the following Monday

Notices will be mailed in March to all unpaid accounts prior to relevy of water/sewer balances to June Village Taxes

Q.  Where do I pay my water and sewer bill?

There are several options available to you for payment of your water and sewer bills:

  • DROP BOX:  located to the right of the exterior doorway at the front of the municipal building entrance at 5535 Bostwick Street in the Village.  When, using the Drop Box, make sure you are putting your payment all the way into the Box so that the posting of your payment will not be delayed.  Payments put in the Box on the due date will be credited with that day's date and will not be considered a late payment.  We recommend paying by check or money order when using this method of payment.  Anything put in the Box after 8:00 AM the day after the due date will be assessed a late fee.  This fee will not be removed.
  • USPS:  Payments should be addressed to:  Village of Lowville, 5535 Bostwick St., Lowville, New York 13367 - ATTN:  Water Bill Payment.  We use the actual postmark on your envelope for payment purposes.  This is a state regulation.
  • VILLAGE OFFICE:  If you want a receipt or are paying in cash, water and sewer bills are payable in person at the Village offices, located at 5535 Bostwick Street in the Village.  Clerk business hours are Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays) 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM.
  • BY CREDIT CARD - ONLINE or OVER THE COUNTER:  We now offer the convenience of accepting credit cards for municipal payments. A third party convenience fee will apply to cardholders who wish to pay via credit card.  Such fee will be disclosed to cardholder at time of transaction with the option to decline the fee and make payments via cash or check.  This fee will be 2.65% of transaction ($3.00 minimum).  Payments may be made online or over the counter.  Online payments via this website for water/sewer payments and tax payments can be made here: 

    credit card logos

    Pay Online

Q.  What if I have a question about my bill?

All billing questions should be directed to the Village Clerk's office at (315) 376-2834 ext. 3.  You may also stop into the offices at 5535 Bostwick Street in the Village with any inquiries.

Q.  Why was a door card left?

Whenever there is a problem with your remote reader or meter, or for some other reason we were not able to get a meter reading, we may leave a door card.  Please follow through and call the Clerk's Office at (315) 376-2834 ext. 3 for an appointment so the problem can be corrected as soon as possible.

Q.  What if I want my water/sewer services turned on or off?

To have the water/sewer service shut off or turned back on at the curb, please call the Clerk's Office at (315) 376-2834 ext. 3.  For seasonal shut-offs and turn-ons there is a $25 service fee.  The property owner or a representative must be present when water is turned on or off.  This is the only way to test the shut off at the curb to make sure it is working properly and the water is really shut off.  When water is turned back on, it is a check to make sure that there are no leaks in the house that could cause water damage or a large bill before the owner reoccupies.

Q.  What if I want to fill my swimming pool?

You may fill your pool with your garden hose.  However, there will not be any adjustment made for the metered sewer charge for that water.  If you would like an estimate of the charge for filling your pool with your hose, please call the Clerk's office at 376-2834 ext. 3.

Q.  What if I had a leak?

If you had a leak beyond the meter you are generally responsible to pay for all charges incurred for the wasted water and corresponding sewer charges.  However, there are certain circumstances (albeit very few) under which an adjustment may be considered and made.  Any request for consideration of an adjustment to your bill must be made in writing to the Village Municipal Board, c/o the Village Clerk at 5535 Bostwick Street, Lowville, NY  13367.

Q.  Can I bill my tenants for their water and sewer bill?

The Village will always bill the property owner regardless of the situation.  Because unpaid water and sewer charges are re-levied as taxes on the actual parcel of property, the owner is always responsible for payment.  Any arrangements made with a tenant are strictly between landlord and tenant.  The Village cannot put the bill in a tenant's name or mail them the bill.

Home Page | Search Website | Assessment Information | Boards & Committees | Courts | Departments | Educational Facilities | Local Events | Meetings | Minutes | News | Officials | Online Village Code | Parks & Recreation | Permits & Licenses Info | Points of Interest | Public Safety | Religious Organizations | Weather